Hello! I’m Lara Kattan, a data scientist and instructor at Metis, a data science bootcamp.
Metis is the only accredited data science bootcamp. It’s a full-time, 3-month-long experience. I teach a full stack of data science technologies, including Python (including Pandas and numpy), SQL, NoSQL (MongoDB), AWS, PySpark, and deep learning using Keras.
I was a consultant at McKinsey & Co. in the Risk practice where I served financial institutions and insurance companies. I built machine learning and risk models using R, Python, SAS and big data technologies such as Hadoop (map/reduce), Hive, and Spark (PySpark).
I’m currently pursuing a dual master’s in computer science and computational math. I have a master’s in public policy (econometrics concentration) from the University of Chicago and a B.A. in economics and political science from Northwestern University.
Email me at lara.kattan [at] protonmail [.dot] com
Conference and meetup talks:
- Probabilistic Programming and Bayesian Inference in Python Using PyMC3 [PyOhio, July 2019]
- Hands-On Introduction to Git and GitHub [AnitaB Chicago, July 2019]
- Introduction to Linear Algebra for Data Science [Metis, July 2019]
- Probabilistic Programming and Bayesian Inference in Python [PyLadies Chicago, April 2019]
- Probabilistic Programming and Bayesian Inference in Python [ODSC, October 2020]
Decks from the above conference talks can be found here.