Hello! I’m Lara Kattan, a data science manager at Ernst & Young.
I was a consultant at McKinsey & Co. in the Risk practice, where I served financial institutions and insurance companies. I built machine learning and risk models using R, Python, SAS and big data technologies such as Hadoop (map/reduce), Hive, and Spark (PySpark).
I have a master’s in public policy (econometrics concentration) from the University of Chicago and a B.A. in economics and political science from Northwestern University.
Email me at lara.kattan [at] protonmail [.dot] com
- Simulations in Python: Discrete Event Simulation with SimPy (PyData NYC 22, video)
- Probabilistic Programming and Bayesian Inference in Python Using PyMC3 (PyOhio 19, video)
- Hands-On Introduction to Git and GitHub [AnitaB Chicago, July 2019]
- Introduction to Linear Algebra for Data Science [Metis, July 2019]
- Probabilistic Programming and Bayesian Inference in Python [PyLadies Chicago, April 2019]
- Probabilistic Programming and Bayesian Inference in Python [ODSC, October 2020]